Well, I figured I would take a different approach to a post.. one less serious, more straightforward… something that would be a pleasent change of pace right about now (especially in life)
Debunking Current College Myths
1. I have a roommate – I just happen to know him from High School and Boy Scouts. Dan Sullivan. We have the same major.
2. I’m majoring in Computer and System Engineering… don’t ask me what that means
3. I have no friends, nor do I have any expectations or goals to make any while here. My purpose is to pass with good grades… leading to the next point.
4. Not every college student drinks, parties, drugs, sexes, etc etc. I am one of those who don’t do any of that stuff. I have not attended any parties where alcohol has been served (actually, any parties that weren’t like “Kick Off BBQ” which really doesn’t count).
5. No, I don’t have any good drunk stories to tell… or any stories at all.. not having friends means I don’t find these things out so I can’t tell you.
6. Yes, I have unlimited food between 7:30am and 7:30pm… No, I haven’t used it more than 3 times in a day.
7. I make my bed daily, not everyone is a slob in college. My clothes are fairly neatly folded to the best of my ability. I wash them weekly.
8. I can do laundry, I do two loads.. whites.. and everything else… on ‘Warm’ and then they come out good. I haven’t noticed any bleeding between the reds and the not-so reds, etc etc.
9. In my spare time I don’t sit outside or hang out in other peoples dorms.
10. My door is always closed, there are creeps and we don’t want just any looser to walk in here.
11. I don’t know how to work a regular college bathroom system, we have a private one.
12. Homework gets done in a timely fashion.
13. Just because my earliest class is at 11, doesn’t mean I sleep until 10:45. Today for example my earliest class is at 11 and I wokeup at 6:15.
14. I try to stay informed on current events, but I will let you know I haven’t watched the World News recently.
15. My computers aren’t my life… the people my computers connect me to are!
16. I’m not having the time of my life, and honestly I don’t think I will.